OK, so this isn’t the most Christmasy recipe out there, but it is too good not to share. So for something a little different at this time of ear, try these scrummy looking white choc and raspberry cupcakes…
150g butter, at room temperature
170g caster sugar
150g white chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
110g self-raising flour
110g plain flour
150g fresh raspberries
Fresh raspberries, extra, to serve
White Chocolate Frosting
200g white chocolate, finely chopped
120ml thickened cream
100g butter, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with paper cases.
- Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the melted chocolate. Combine the flours and fold into the mixture with milk until smooth.
- Gently fold in the raspberries until just combined.
- Divide the mixture among the cases and smooth the surfaces. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pans for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
- To make the white chocolate frosting: Place white chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (800 watts/100 per cent), stirring every minute, until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth. Add butter and stir until it melts and the mixture is smooth. Refrigerate for 1 1/2-2 hours or until the mixture is thick and spreadable.
- Use an electric beater to beat the frosting in a bowl until pale and creamy. Spoon the icing into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm fluted nozzle. Pipe on to the cupcakes. Top with the extra raspberries.
Thanks to Taste.com for this one. 🙂