The image for these is what totally enticed me into giving them a go – the peanut butter cup filling looks too yummy!
Makes 24 Cupcakes
200g plain flour
60g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
250g caster sugar
2 large eggs
110g vegetable oil
1 tbsp water, warm
3 tsp instant coffee
1 tsp vanilla
24 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas Mark 4. Line a 24-cup mini muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, egg and vegetable oil. In a small bowl, stir together water, instant coffee and vanilla, then add to sugar mixture. Whisk flour mixture into the bowl with the sugar, mixing just until everything is combined and no streaks of flour remain.
- Place about 1 tbsp of batter into each cup of the prepared muffin pan. Place an unwrapped miniature peanut butter cup into the centre of each cup, pressing down gently. Top with about a tablespoonful of batter, just enough to cover the peanut butter cup. It is better to have some batter leftover than to overfill your muffin pan. The cavities should be approximately 3/4 full, or slightly more.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cake batter is set.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
From http://bit.ly/uHtvHb – Thanks 🙂